The ‘preferred’ option announced for the expansion of Heathrow is a new runway to the north west of the existing runways. Logically this implies a flight path over the SPRA area and much of Hammersmith!
There is a consultation at Hammersmith Town Hall on Tuesday 20th February 12pm-8pm. More details and further consultation locations are available at www.heathrowconsultation.com Do attend and please let SPRA know your views by email to email@example.com
SPRA Talk - Emery Walker & the Arts And Crafts Movement
Just a reminder that the next SPRA talk will be at 7:30 pm on Wednesday 21st March 2018, in the Scott Hall, 47 St Peters Grove, W6 9AY. Please put the date in your diary. Tickets are £5 to include a glass of wine or a soft drink and will be available from the Carpenter's Arms, 91 Black Lion Lane from 1st March, or on the door. Further details are on the flyer - click here.
Emery Walker lived in Hammersmith and was a close friend of William Morris, Philip Webb and other leading figures in the Arts and Crafts movement. He was a highly influential printer and engraver and set up the Doves Press in 1900. The talk is a tale of friendship, socialism, gender equality, celebrities, arts and crafts and scandal.
St Peter's Church 'Quidam' Programme
The Quidam programme is a new initiative to encourage singing, music, lectures and art at St Peter's. We understand the next lecture/ topical talk will be on 15th February. Do visit https://stpetersw6.org/
Met Police Safer Neighbourhoods Team
The latest newsletter from our SNT can be downloaded here.
Cycle Superhighway 9 (CS9)
An ‘interim’ report on CS9 to the Hammersmith and Fulham Council’s ‘Community Safety, Environment and Residents Service Policy and Accountability Committee’ can be downloaded from here.
There is deep and widespread concern at the proposal for CS9. However, the report seems completely noncommittal.
Dial 999 if:
• You are a witness/victim of a crime and the suspect is there or nearby.
• Police are needed to preserve the peace, or prevent escalation of a dangerous situation.
• A crime is about to be committed or is in progress (e.g. drug dealing).
• You require protection from physical harm.
You can also report a crime online here.
Or hate crimes can be reported here.
Dial 0208 563 1212 if:
• Police are needed soon but it is not an emergency (e.g. a burglary and the suspect is no longer on the premises).
Dial 0208 721 2519 if:
• If you want to speak to a member of the crime team but it is not an emergency and can wait for a few days if necessary.